We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as SHEQ Manager for the WP group.
WP Group (Part of Moove Europe) is a leading fuels distribution company. Our head office is based in central Southampton. We specialise in the supply of high-quality fuels.
Being owned by one of Brazil’s largest companies we benefit from being part of a corporate organisation with the agility of a medium sized business. We are fast-paced, people focused, driven by innovation and our customer relationships.
We are proud of our People and culture and are always looking for enthusiastic and positive individuals to join and develop in our inclusive workplace.
Lead all aspects of WP Group’s Health & Safety, Environment and Quality systems across multiple sites in southern UK including our operations at Heathrow and Gatwick airports. The SHEQ Manager will be responsible for the management of the Groups Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality activities ensuring compliance with Health & Safety legislation, upholding the company’s various accreditations, whilst promoting and supporting continuous improvement and best practice across the Company.
You will be responsible for delivering a program of SHEQ Internal Audits and coordination of External Audits to ensure Regulatory Compliance best practice across the business. This includes Suppliers, Projects and all Internal Controls.
As the SHEQ Manager you will take leadership responsibility for the overall performance of WP Group’s QMS, Near Miss Health & Safety and EMS processes and procedures in accordance with ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO 45001 and statutory requirements of UK and wider operating legislation to ensure all staff work safely and to the stated procedures in order to deliver full value to the Company.
You will champion and drive an “Always Safe” culture and you will uphold the company’s various accreditations. Additionally, you will be responsible for the implementation, management and on-going reduction of WP Group’s non-conformance and the improvement of loss prevention. To achieve this you must directly and regularly engage with the Senior Managers across different functions. You will compile regular reports and make presentations for WP Group Leadership Team and Management meetings.
- Manage document control process
- Produce and deliver staff inductions, training and briefings as identified by planned works, current best practice and changes in legislation
- Produce and maintain the HSEQ Competence Matrix
- Identify and procure specialist training for WPG staff and management team
- Coordinate HSQE activities where WPG is the Principal Contractor
- Coordinate WPG contingency planning and test regularly
- Lead on all incidents and accident investigations
- Provide out of hours support for emergencies and events
- Be the liaison and interface between the client and contractor HSEQ management
- Be the point of contact for the HSE, ISO and Environment Agency
Skills and Experience Required:
- 3 years plus proven management experience in QMS, Health & Safety and EMS processes and procedures in accordance with ISO 9001, ISO14001 and ISO 18001 (essential)
- Possess a formal H&SEQ qualification or similar in order to monitor and evaluate legislative performance within these areas (essential)
- NEBOSH diploma preferred, minimum NEBOSH General. Completed Managing health and safety IOSH or similar (essential)
- Working knowledge of ISO compliance and auditing requirements (9000, 14001 etc.) Ideally you should hold an Auditors Qualification for and have experience in ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & ISO 45001. (highly desirable)
- Possess a valid UK driving licence (essential)
- Knowledge of SHEQ in a Dangerous Goods Environment (ideal but not essential)
- Knowledge of fuel distribution or associated fuel industry would be beneficial (desirable)
- Articulate with excellent communication and presentation skills
Personal Qualities Required:
- A mindset for innovative ideas with a determination and leadership skill to promote, then implement, Continuous
- Improvements across a busy operational environment
- Motivated to succeed and a proactive self-starter
- Positive attitude and finds solutions where others see problems
- Takes the initiative and leads by example
- Ability to work in a fast-changing environment (internally and externally)
- Enthusiastic and embraces opportunities with positive “can-do” attitude
- Focused on meeting personal objectives while understanding the value of the team
- Compliant attitude towards safety and controls
- Professional and confident, able to presentation clearly to a wide variety of audiences
In return for joining us as our SHEQ Manager you will receive:
- Competitive industry salary
- 25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays
- Annual Performance Bonus starting at 17%
- Life Assurance 4x basic salary
- Contributory Pension, 4.5% Employer contribution
- Employee Perks portal, GP helpline and assistance programmes
Interested in joining us and being part of a global organisation who truly value their employees, encourage development and progression? If yes, apply today, we’d love to hear from you!
Please note we endeavour to reply to everyone but it is not always possible. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of your application please assume in this instance we have not been able to progress.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org