WP Group (Part of Moove Europe) is a leading fuels distribution company. Our head office is based in central Southampton. We specialise in the supply of high-quality fuels.
Being owned by one of Brazils largest companies we benefit from being part of a corporate organisation with the agility of a medium-sized business. We are fast-paced, people-focused, driven by innovation and our customer relationships. We have a rare opportunity for you to join our team in this new role as our Head of Operations for the WP group and Airport Energy Services. You will report to the Business Unit Director. This position will be site based you will be required to be in our Southampton Head office 2/3 times a week.
You will be managing a team of over 60 drivers (5 direct reports) overseeing the fuel deliveries from multiple supply and operating locations to a wide and varied customer base and market sectors. These include corporate client’s, infrastructure partners, airports, energy, construction, marine and domestic heating. pivotal to further growth and business expansions while optimising existing operations.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring employee engagement and effective communication to teams.
- Operating a safe, compliant and effective operation, managing a team across multiple locations.
- Establishing a clear strategy for the Fuels businesses.
- Ensuring compliance and safety within all operational areas, being the business lead in the event of incidents and accidents.
- Building clear metrics and objectives to challenge financial spend and increase asset utilisation, optimising the logistics operation.
- Detailed cost analysis of performance data to focus on team activities.
- Budgetary control, ensuring that the cost to deliver is maintained. Managing Op-Ex and Cap-Ex.
- Building the performance of the fleet ensuring cost-effective maintenance and service contracts deliver against service level agreements.
- Maintaining vehicles and storage locations in line with industry best practice standards and legislative requirements.
- Senior Management Experience
- Experienced people manager
- Budget management experience
- Fleet Operators Licence Holder
- Experience working with ADR Fleet
- CPC qualification
- Health and Safety experience
- Strong Analytical skills
What we offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- Discretionary Annual bonus scheme.
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 25 within 2 years)
- Contributory pension scheme (company match up to 4.5%)
- Life Assurance 4x basic salary
Working days are Monday to Friday and as standard 8.30- 5.30.
Interested in being part of a global organisation who truly value their employees, encourage development and progression? If yes please send us your CV and the salary you are looking for today.
Please note we endeavour to reply to everyone but it is not always possible. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of your application please assume in this instance we have not been able to progress.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com