WP Group (Part of Moove Europe) is a leading fuels distribution company. Our head office is
based in central Southampton. We specialise in the supply of high-quality fuels.
Being owned by one of Brazil’s largest companies we benefit from being part of a corporate
organisation with the agility of a medium-sized business. We are fast-paced, people-focused,
driven by innovation and our customer relationships.
We have a rare opportunity for you to join our team in this new role as our Head of Fuel
Operations for the WP group and Airport Energy Services. You will report to the Business
Unit Director. This position will be based at our offices in Southampton and will involve
regular travel throughout the south of the UK.
You will be managing a team of over 60 drivers (4 direct reports) overseeing the fuel deliveries from multiple supplies and operating locations to a wide and varied customer base
and market sector. These include corporate client’s, infrastructure partners, airports, energy,
construction, marine and domestic heating.
You will be pivotal to our continued growth and business expansion while optimising existing
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring employee engagement and effective communication to teams
- Operating a safe, compliant and effective operation, managing a team across
- Establishing a clear strategy for the fuels businesses
- Ensuring compliance and safety within all operational areas, being the business lead
in the event of incidents and accidents
- Building clear metrics and objectives to challenge financial spend and increase asset
utilisation, optimising the logistics operation
- Cost analysis of performance data to focus on team activities
- Budgetary control, ensuring that the cost to deliver is maintained. Managing Op-Ex
- Building the performance of the fleet ensuring cost-effective maintenance and service
contracts deliver against service level agreements
- Maintaining vehicles and storage locations in line with industry best practice
standards and legislative requirements
- Multi-site transport experience
- Experienced people manager
- Budget management experience
- Fleet Operators Licence Holder
- Experience working with ADR Fleet
- Health and Safety experience
- Strong Analytical skills
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme (company match up to 4.5%)
- Employee Perks portal, GP helpline and assistance programmes
- Life Assurance 4x basic salary
- Working days are Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.30pm
Working days are Monday to Friday and as standard 8.30 am – 5.30 pm.
Interested in being part of a global organisation who truly value their employees, encourage
development and progression? If yes please send us your CV and the salary you are looking
We love hearing from you but we also know your personal data is important. You may wish to read
Please note we endeavour to reply to everyone but it is not always possible. If you have not heard
form us within two weeks of your application please assume in this instance we have not been able to progress.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com